The IO Europe conference series is back for the 9th year - Delivering Effects through Influence Activity...
With over 150 attendees in 2009, the Information Operations Europe conference series, now in its 9th year, is the best attended and most influential meeting of its kind in the world.
It is here that the world’s leading figures from the Influence, Psychological Operations, Strategic Communications and Public Diplomacy communities gather to share new conceptual thinking, policy updates and key Lessons Learned from ongoing Information campaigns.
Discussions will shed new light on the following crucial issues:
- Target Audience engagement and message delivery technique
- The employment of New and Social Media for influence activity and harnessing all available assets
- The coordination of messages between different “information actors” in the global media environment
- The Measurement of Effect of information campaigns
- The relationship between PsyOps, IO and Strategic Communication
» Download the full agenda now
With these themes in mind, we asked senior commanders from across the world to select and nominate their most innovative projects and insightful guest speakers for this year’s Information Operations Europe conference… here are some of the results:
- Strategic Communication And Overseas Campaigns
Major General Gordon Messenger, Strategic Communications Officer, UK Ministry of Defence
- Role and Importance of StratComm
- How are we doing?
- Role of the media in StratComm
- Role of Influence on Deployed Operations
- Relationship between StratComm and IO in-theatre
- Afghanistan Hearts, Western Minds: Getting The Influence Battle Right
Maryann Maguire, Independent Communications Consultant Specialised on Afghanistan Region
- Afghan identity concepts
- Issues that really matter
- How to do business with Afghans
- Positive VS Negative Messaging in Afghanistan
Eric Sutphin, Chief Target Audience Analyst, Combined Joint Psychological Operations Task Force, ISAF HQ, NATO
- Understanding the Afghan perspective: Three decades of war and Afghan perceptions
- Effect of negative imagery and language: Doing the enemy a favour?
- Institutional thinking at ISAF
- Use of positive messaging and imagery: Building a sense of hope
- Key Strategic Communications Initiatives Underway and Planned For HQ US European Command And NATO Shape
Sarah Nagelmann, Strategic Communications Advisor to US European Command and Supreme Allied Commander Europe, NATO
- Overview of the New Media strategy: Channels, strategies, feedback and metrics
- Managing a consistent message across various communications channels
- The 12 month message calendar
- International cooperation
What Did People Say About Previous IO Europe Conferences?
“Easily the best IO conference, period”
William Ettinger, 1st IO Command, US Army
“Very valuable. Hearing briefs from selected speakers will greatly help my future work efforts. The networking opportunities are invaluable to my job.”
Linda Tilghman, JIO WC, US Strategic Command
“This event is well established and provided valuable insight into the ways some other nations operate, their successes & challenges.”
Maj Christopher Stewardson, Canadian Forces
“Terribly important to bring this community of experts together to share broad views & experiences while addressing specific influence topics that have relevance in our profession.”
Lt Col Rieka Stroh, US Special Operations Command
“Valuable in terms of a synergistic collection of IO practitioners and sharing lessons and theory & thereby enriching the groups knowledge base.”
Lt Col Todd Mercer, NATO Allied JFC Naples